Time for me!
Alpine hotel holidays in Bad Hofgastein
In the valley of healing
Gastein – the valley of healing. A place for living and leisure time, the valley is a place of pristine nature and natural adventure, interveined by the purest healing water, flanked by majestic peaks, and given its breath by endless forests. Located in this vitalising landscape, surrounded by thermal springs and close to a healing gallery, our hotel is the ideal base for an active, relaxing and regenerative holiday in SalzburgerLand. Enhance the experience with our RETREAT programmes and workshops for body and soul.
Invest in your wellbeing at our hotel
The ALPENHAUS Gasteinertal in Bad Hofgastein – personal, regenerating, beneficial, different:
- ALPEN.KRAFT.SELFNESS: The hotel in the mountains is infused with Alpine power, from its ambience to its cuisine, from the ALPEN.VEDA.SPA to the weekly programme and ALPEN.KRAFT.RETREATS: Detox, Destress, Restart, Yoga, and MAN.OF.NATURE. A new lease of life in the valley of healing – healthy from head to soul.
- MOUNTAINS OF ALPINE POWER: Hohe Tauern National Park. 600km of hiking trails. Via ferratas. Cycle paths and mountain bike routes. Ski amadé ski area, gentle winter activities and more. Experience life in the mountains, with and in nature – soak up the energy of the Alps – walk in the footsteps of the MAN.OF.NATURE and connect with your soul.
- YOGA HOTEL FOR CONNOISSEURS: Exciting and relaxing weekly programme with professionally guided Yoga, Qigong and meditation sessions, plus Yoga retreats all year round with internationally renowned Yoga teachers.
- ALPEN.KRAFT CUISINE: Powered by the Alps, our cuisine nourishes body and soul. Many of the hotel's culinary treasures are sourced directly from the natural environment: fruits of the forests, meadow herbs and freshly caught fish. This is also where the hotel attains culinary inspiration.
- HEALING WATER & RADON: Immerse yourself and breathe easy. Gasteiner Ache river. Thermal springs. Mountain lakes. Austria's first thermal water swimming lakes. Bad Gastein waterfall. Paracelsus explored the healing waters of the Gastein Valley back in the 16th century, and the presence of radon gas was proven in the early 20th century by none other than Marie Curie.
- Enjoy an active and relaxing holiday with your FOUR-LEGGED FRIEND. Animals have a special place in the heart of the ALPENHAUS Gasteinertal, particularly dogs!
at a glance
- TOP LOCATION: 4-star hotel in the heart of Bad Hofgastein in the valley of healing, 200m from the town centre’s shops and pedestrian area, 300m from the park.
- ROOMS WITH A VIEW: 89 Alpine-style rooms and suites with a hint of 'grand charm'. A passion for detail. A private balcony with a breathtaking view of the Gastein mountains.
- ALPEN.VEDA.SPA: 2,000sqm of joy and wellness over two floors with a panoramic pool, sauna area and plenty of space for peace and relaxation.
- TOTAL RELAXATION: Massages and treatments for all the senses. Tailored, wide-ranging concepts with harmonised treatments.
- ALPINE CULINARY CRAFT: Served at the á la carte restaurant with its bar and spacious terrace and an exquisite selection of wines. Vegetarian and vegan options.
- GASTEIN CARD: Included in your stay. Offers many free services and plenty of discounts for even more holiday fun.
- HOTEL EXTRAS: 'Spoil yourself' half board plus numerous included services.
The 4-star DAS ALPENHAUS Gasteinertal is located in the centre of Bad Hofgastein, just a few minutes' walk from the Schlossalmbahn valley station.
DAS ALPENHAUS Gasteinertal
5630 Bad Hofgastein
Telephone: +43 6432 6356
Fax: +43 6432 8454
Coming from the north (Munich) take the A8 (Munich-Salzburg) motorway towards Salzburg. From Salzburg, continue on the A10 Tauernautobahn motorway to the Pongau junction/ Bischofshofen exit. Continue on the B311 to the Gasteinertal exit and follow the main road to Bad Hofgastein.
From the south:
Drive to Mallnitz via Villach, Möllbrücke and Obervellach, and then board the convenient motorail to Gastein. .
Motorail timetable ->LINK
Low cost airport shuttle
A low cost airport shuttle runs eight times a day between Gastein, Munich and Salzburg. For details, departure times and prices, click here.